Thursday, November 13, 2008

learning all that I can

People -including teachers, students etc.-are like computers in that whatever information they are given they can store and keep for as long as they wish and use however they need to.
I have recently taken it upon myself to learn everything that I can about english and education but also about other topics that I might not learn about otherwise. I want to gain skills here at college that I will be able to use to help me out in the real world -once I finally get there! So far I have learned how to sew in my costume/apparel design class, how to type at my job and in general, how to act/dance/sing better in my broadway to berea class, how to write in all sorts of styles thanks to my english and GSTR courses. I have become certified in CPR, first aid, and food handling through my last job at the CDL, I learned the basics of health in Wellness, I finished my studies in math in College Algebra and MAT012. I have learned how to make brooms at my very first job, and how to speak some spanish thanks to my first college spanish class. I have learned the basics of teaching, and setting up classroom subjects...the list is long already and I haven't even completed my second year of college yet! Amazing. Even so...I am still going to take every educational opportunity that I can so I can get the most out of my college education and become a well educated teacher! ;)