Thursday, November 13, 2008

Going to the pumpkin patch!

Who knew that there was so much to do with just a pumpkin???
When we went to the pumpkin patch I had the best time ever!!! I felt like a little kid again, especially when our class took a run through the hay maze :) I remember running through a large hay maze at Crawford Farms with my Dad, and getting hay stuck in my hair.
I remembered the countless times that my Dad and I went to Crawford Farms to get all of our pumpkins, squash, dried corn, and mums. Every year we went to pick out the perfect pumpkin to decorate. One year that I remember specifically was the year that we turned our "perfect pumpkin" into a painted witch pumpkin complete with a pointy, black construction paper hat. I got to help my Dad paint her face, and I also had the pleasure of putting Halloween stickers all over the hat -to give it that "special" touch.
I think that that is what made the trip so much fun for me -reliving a couple of almost forgotten childhood experience of picking out the perfect pumpkin and running through a hay maze. You're never too old to be a kid at heart- every teacher should remember that and use that as they teach their students as a way to connect to them. :)