Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What I am striving to become...

I want to measure up not only to my own expectations as a teacher in training, but I want to also meet all requirements for becoming a well educated and well prepared teacher.
I am not only striving to become a well educated woman. I am striving to become a well educated, well rounded individual who will use her abilities to teach children about a subject that she loves and wants to share. I want to share my love of the english language with others. What I want to do more than anything though is to improve the literacy and writing abilities of all the children that I will call my students. Illiteracy is a common problem in American schools, the issue is that it's not always as addressed as what it needs to be...I intend to fight illiteracy by being a teacher of english. Children are the future, so they must be well prepared for what lies ahead of them. If we continue to ignore signs of illiteracy among our children, then we are allowing them to fail in communication with the world around them. Our children need literature and writing in their lives and my goal is to become a teacher who helps children stay literate and well written.