Tuesday, October 14, 2008

to apply or not to apply?

The question that goes along with any knowledge gained through experience is this, "To apply, or not to apply? That is the question."
I know that I said personal development is where one takes their experiences and applies what they have learned...but what if there was something that you learned that you may never need to apply or may never be useful? Is it even possible to acquire information that will never be useful to you at some point? We develop through experiences, that is true, but are all experiences really beneficial? I think that the answer would be -yes. No matter how minute in importance an experience might be, there is always something to be learned, to further develop us as individuals. So far in this class I have become dunked in so many learning situations already that it's blowing my mind. No matter how ridiculous our activities may sound...there is always a purpose, and always something that is to be learned.